Basically 555 timer IC can be used in 3 modes 1. Monostable Mode 2. Bistable Mode 3. Astable Mode.
In this blog we discussed about how 555 Timer can be used as Electronic Piano using Astable Multivibrator.
Please support us on YouTube also. Like Share and Subscribe to our channel : https://youtube.com/c/RatnasRoboLab
555 Timer Pin Diagram
PIN 1 is Ground Pin, Pin 2 is the Trigger Pin, PIN 3 is Output Pin, Pin 4 represents Reset Pin, Pin 5 is the Control Voltage, PIN 6 is Threshold, PIN 7 is the Discharge PIN and PIN 8 represents Power Supply or Vcc.
555 Timer Internal Architecture
555 Timer is divided into 5 parts. First part is voltage divider circuit, second comparator block, third flip-flop circuit, fourth discharge circuit and last output driver circuit.
Simple Electronic Piano Circuit Diagram
One 0.5W Speaker is connected to PIN3 of 555 Timer with a capacitor of 10 microF. PIN2 is connected to PIN6 and a capacitor(Here we used 4.7microF) is connected with PIN2 & Ground. PIN6 is also connected to PIN7 with a 10kohm variable resistance, 7 * 1 Kohm resistance and 7 PushButtons. PIN7 is connected to PIN8 with a 10K ohm resistor as PIN8 is the Power Supply or VCC.
Do you want to support our videos ?
Support Our Channel By Shopping parts from Amazon !
1. 555 Timer IC (5 Pcs) : https://amzn.to/420rhpl
2. Speaker 8 Ohm (2Pcs) : https://amzn.to/3n67SVg
3. Varo Board (5 Pcs) : https://amzn.to/41N04a3
4. Potentiometer 100k (104) : https://amzn.to/3NbAiYG
5. Capacitor 10mF (3 Pcs) : https://amzn.to/41OpowA
6. Brass Wire : https://amzn.to/3oKJ8m7
7. Colourful Brass Wire : https://amzn.to/3LyucjJ
8. Solder Iron (7 in 1) : https://amzn.to/3Le8xft
9. PushButtons : https://amzn.to/3LvQin5
10. Brass Wire Cutter : https://amzn.to/3NdP2pN
11. Jumper Wires : https://amzn.to/3V6UlJP
12. Green LED’s : https://amzn.to/3HfO6xi
13. Resistor 1K Ohm : https://amzn.to/3n4ZB43
14. Resistor 4.7K Ohm : https://amzn.to/3NbDZxw
READ – CONNECT – BOOST – CREATE