LED flashers are used to turn on and off groups of light emitting diodes either sequentially or according to a programmed pattern, Here we used 555 Timer IC.
Using 555’s Astable Multivibrator, both output states are unstable state and output continuously changes between the two states.
Basically 555 timer IC can be used in 3 modes 1. Monostable Mode 2. Bistable Mode 3. Astable Mode.
In this blog we discussed about how 555 Timer can be used as LED Flasher using Astable Multivibrator .
Please support us on YouTube also. Like Share and Subscribe to our channel : https://youtube.com/c/RatnasRoboLab
555 Timer Pin Diagram
PIN 1 is Ground Pin, Pin 2 is the Trigger Pin, PIN 3 is Output Pin, Pin 4 represents Reset Pin, Pin 5 is the Control Voltage, PIN 6 is Threshold, PIN 7 is the Discharge PIN and PIN 8 represents Power Supply or Vcc.
555 Timer Internal Architecture
555 Timer is divided into 5 parts. First part is voltage divider circuit, second comparator block, third flip-flop circuit, fourth discharge circuit and last output driver circuit.
LED Flasher Circuit Diagram
Two LED’s are connected to PIN3 of 555 Timer with a resistance of 150 ohm. PIN2 is connected to PIN6 and a capacitor(Here we used 4.7microF) is connected with PIN2 & Ground. PIN6 is also connected to PIN7 with a 10kohm variable resistance. PIN7 is connected to PIN8 with a 10K ohm resistor as PIN8 is the Power Supply or VCC.
Do you want to support our videos ?
Support Our Channel By Shopping parts from Amazon !
1. 555 Timer IC (5 Pcs) : https://amzn.to/420rhpl
2. Red LED’s (100 Pcs) : https://amzn.to/3n2hAIr
3. Green LED’s : https://amzn.to/3HfO6xi
4. Yellow LED’s : https://amzn.to/3HhfET8
5. Capacitor 10mF (3 Pcs) : https://amzn.to/41OpowA
6. Brass Wire : https://amzn.to/3oKJ8m7
7. Colourful Brass Wire : https://amzn.to/3LyucjJ
8. Solder Iron (7 in 1) : https://amzn.to/3Le8xft
9. Potentiometer 100k (104) : https://amzn.to/3NbAiYG
10. Brass Wire Cutter : https://amzn.to/3NdP2pN
11. Jumper Wires : https://amzn.to/3V6UlJP
12. Varo Board (5 Pcs) : https://amzn.to/41N04a3
13. Resistor 10K Ohm : https://amzn.to/3LAVSol
14. Resistor 150 Ohm : https://amzn.to/423VnZ1
15. Resistor 100K Ohm : https://amzn.to/40KPpLL
READ – CONNECT – BOOST – CREATE