Basically 555 timer IC can be used in 3 modes 1. Monostable Mode 2. Bistable Mode 3. Astable Mode.
In this blog we discussed about how 555 Timer can be used as Servo Motor Controller using Astable Multivibrator.
Please support us on YouTube also. Like Share and Subscribe to our channel : https://youtube.com/c/RatnasRoboLab
555 Timer Pin Diagram
PIN 1 is Ground Pin, Pin 2 is the Trigger Pin, PIN 3 is Output Pin, Pin 4 represents Reset Pin, Pin 5 is the Control Voltage, PIN 6 is Threshold, PIN 7 is the Discharge PIN and PIN 8 represents Power Supply or Vcc.
555 Timer Internal Architecture
555 Timer is divided into 5 parts. First part is voltage divider circuit, second comparator block, third flip-flop circuit, fourth discharge circuit and last output driver circuit.
Simple Servo Motor Control Circuit Diagram
PIN2 is connected to PIN6 and a capacitor(Here we used 0.1microF) is connected with PIN2 & Ground. PIN6 is also connected to PIN7 with a 1Mohm resistance and a Diode. PIN7 is connected to PIN8 with a 100Kohm variable resistor as PIN8 is the Power Supply or VCC. Servo Motor’s Orange wire is connected to PIN3, Red wire is connected to Positive and Brown wire is connected to Ground.
Do you want to support our videos ?
Support Our Channel By Shopping parts from Amazon !
1. 555 Timer IC (5 Pcs) : https://amzn.to/420rhpl
2. Resistor 56K Ohm : https://amzn.to/444saiH
3. Capacitors 100nF : https://amzn.to/3Lz5PTe
4. PushButtons : https://amzn.to/3LvQin5
5. Servo Motor : https://amzn.to/3oO257v
6. Brass Wire : https://amzn.to/3oKJ8m7
7. Colourful Brass Wire : https://amzn.to/3LyucjJ
8. Solder Iron (7 in 1) : https://amzn.to/3Le8xft
9. Potentiometer 100k (104) : https://amzn.to/3NbAiYG
10. Brass Wire Cutter : https://amzn.to/3NdP2pN
11. Jumper Wires : https://amzn.to/3V6UlJP
12. Varo Board (5 Pcs) : https://amzn.to/41N04a3
13. Resistor 10K Ohm : https://amzn.to/3LAVSol
14. Diode 1N4007 : https://amzn.to/444syxF
If you liked this article, then please subscribe to our YouTube Channel. You can also find us on Instagram, Facebook and Twitter.
READ – CONNECT – BOOST – CREATE